1 hr 40 mins
Okla Native's Note:
fresh squirrel roasted over a open campfire..great for helping cutting the cost of food during hunting or camping trips.. great way to sit around the fire talkin bout the good things in life.. we have been doin this since i was a kid.tastes great and helps warm you up on those cold days out in the field..
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1If fresh squirrel is used skin and leave whole splitting the breast bone length wise to open up the rib cage.
- 2Brush the oil over the squirrel then sprinkle the seasionings liberally all over.
- 3Pull the hot coals to one side away from the main part of the fire.
- 4Either stake the squirrel on a cleaned tree limb over the coals or use a metal grate over the coals.
- 5Rotate periodiaclly and don't over cook as the meat is real lean and will dryout fast.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Campfire Roasted Squirrel
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 119.3
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.5 g
- Saturated Fat 1.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 145.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 0.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 0.0 g
- Protein 0.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: