Prep 15 mins
Cook 10 mins
A recipe from Diane Clement of the Calgary Herald. Sounds utterly scrumptious!
- 2 1⁄2 lbs salmon fillets, with skin on or 6 (5 1/2 ounce) salmon steaks
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 1⁄4 cup rye whiskey
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- Wipe the fish and place in a casserole dish.
- Combine the marinade ingredients.
- Pour marinade over the fish, reserving some for basting.
- Refrigerate for about 2-3 hours, turning the salmon several times.
- TO BARBECUE: Grill for 3 to 4 minutes per side, just until the fish flakes.
- Brush with remaining marinade several times during grilling.
- Serve with lemon wedges, wild rice and corn on the cob.