Prep 20 mins
Cook 45 mins
The vegetabel-fruit salad combines the ever-popular and abundant pineapple.
Make and share this Calypso Sweet Potato-Fruit Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- 1 cup pineapple
- 2 large oranges, peeled and sectioned
- 1⁄2 cup nonfat vanilla yogurt
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 1⁄2 teaspoon grated orange rind
- 2 teaspoons shredded unsweetened coconut
- Preheat over to 375 degrees.
- Pierce sweet potatoes several times with a sharp knife and bake 45 minutes until tender.
- When potatoes are cool enough to handle, peel them and cut into 1-inch cubes.
- Place cubes in a large bowl and add pineapple and orange sections.
- In a small bowl, combine remaining ingredients, except shredded coconut. Mix well. Spoon over sweet potato mixture. Mix gently, until evenly coated. Chill several hours or overnight.
- Just before serving, mix well and sprinkle with coconut, if desired.
- NOTE: Preparation time does not include chilling time.
Very different, and very YUMMY! Loved the textures and the surprising sweetness of this salad. Some looked at it and said, in a funny kind of way, "Are those sweet potatoes?" But once given a try it was liked by all. I toasted coconut to sprinkle on top, and it really added to the tropical flavors! Something I thought I would just like turned into something I will make again! And it's very pretty, too! ZWT9
This is an unusual way for us to use sweet potatoes. It almost made the sweet potatoes feel like a fruit also. Beautiful golden color set off by the coconut made it a really attractive serving. Made for ZWT5 for the Genies of Gourmet.
DEFINITELY A WINNER RECIPE at least for me, since I really, really love recipes of all kinds that include sweet potatoes, & this one is a great way to serve them ~ A very satisfying combo of the SPs & all that fruit! Thanks for a very, very nice keeper! [Tagged, made & reviewed for FAMILY PICKS in ZWT5]