Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
A great summer treat
- 1 fresh pineapple, cut into 8 wedges and cored
- 1⁄2 cup dark rum
- 1⁄2 cup honey
- 1⁄2 cup Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup light brown sugar, packed
- 2 tablespoons Frank's red hot sauce
- vanilla ice cream
- In a 3-quart saucepan, combine Worcestershire, honey, butter, sugar, rum and the RedHot sauce.
- Bring to a full boil, stirring often.
- Simmer over medium-low heat until sauce is slightly thickened, stirring often.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- Brush pineapple with some of the sauce.
- Grill pineapple over high heat on a greased rack for 5 minutes or until glazed, turing and basting often.
- Serve pineapple with ice cream and remaining sauce.