Prep 30 mins
Cook 15 mins
This started as coconut Cocada, a 'zaar recipe from Sharon123, but here in the tropics it's difficult to get candies to set, and so my results soon became the base for a new recipe. This is a sweet, dense, coconut bar full of flavour and filling enough to serve as a desert in itself.
- First boil sugar and lime juice to 230 degrees F.
- Remove from heat and add coconut, stirring hard.
- Allow to cool for 5 minutes.
- Mix in salt, flour and egg.
- Pour into 9 inch square tray and bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes until lightly browned.
- Mark into 16 squares while still warm.