Recipe by loof
This recipe is from an old newspaper clipping found in one of my mom's kitchen closets. It's a great way to serve spinach and it's microwave-easy!
Top Review by Debbwl
A nice side for either dinner or your breakfast eggs. The spinach turned out moist but not soggy. The onion soup provides a nice seasoning that did not over power the spinach. Best of all is how easy this recipe comes together. Thanks for the post.
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 0.5 (1 ounce) packet dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup light sour cream
- 1⁄2 cup dry herb stuffing mix
- 1⁄4 cup shredded cheddar cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Place the two packages of spinach in an 8-inch square baking pan so that they slant on the sides of the dish. Microwave on high for 9-10 minutes. Remove spinach from the packaging and drain the liquid but do not squeeze dry.
- Put the spinach in the same 8-inch square dish. Stir in soup mix and sour cream. Level out the mixture in the dish.
- Sprinkle with stuffing mix and top with cheese. Microwave 6-8 minutes or until heated through.