Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
No raw fish here
Make and share this California Roll Sushi recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 cups white rice, medium grain
- 28 g cucumbers, with peel
- 30 g avocados
- 1⁄2 cup imitation crabmeat
- 2 1⁄2 teaspoons rice vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons mirin
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 nori sushi sheet, Raw Untoasted
- Make 2 cups rice in a rice cooker.
- Take 1 1/2 cups of cooked rice and let cool.
- In a sauce pan on low heat combine rice vinegar, sugar and mirin together.
- Cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Once cooked, place aside later to mix with the rice.
- Julienne (cut into strips) the cucumber, imitation crab and avocado.
- Combine rice and vinegar mixture, make sure the rice is moist and not too wet.
- Using a sushi mat, place nori (seaweed) on the mat.
- Cover 4/5 of the nori with rice, leaving some space on the top.
- Add the crab, cucumber and avocado in a small strip across the bottom of the nori with rice.
- Slowly roll the sushi tightly and seal the edges with water.
- Cut the roll with a sharp knife, 6-8 pieces depending on how large the slices.
- Serve with soy sauce, wasabi and ginger.