Recipe by internetnut
I got this recipe from a diabetic cooking class I took. To me this is a very yummy coleslaw. I didn't even really like coleslaw until I had tried this recipe. The recipe calls for liquid sugar substitute to equal 1/4 cup sugar. We used 8 packets of Splenda during the cooking class.
- 1 cup shredded cabbage
- 1 cup shredded red cabbage
- 1⁄2 cup shredded carrot
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green pepper
- 1⁄2 cup chopped sweet red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1⁄4 cup vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup oil-free Italian dressing
- 8 teaspoons Splenda sugar substitute
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine first 7 ingredients in a large bowl, stirring well; set aside.
- Combine vinegar and remaining ingredients in a jar; cover tightly, and shake vigorously.
- Pour dressing mixture over vegetables, tossing gently to coat.
- Cover and chill.
- To serve, stir coleslaw lightly and serve with a slotted spoon.