Recipe by Slatts
Here is a sandwich that is good for you and has great flavor especially if you like sweet and savory together. I don't really like the taste of fat free mayo so I use the low fat kind instead.
Top Review by weekend cooker
What a great lunch today, Made no adjustments here, and will not in the future as we were well satisfied with the results. A over all great meal not too spicy, not too sweet. Great for all of us. Made for PRMR tag.
- 1⁄3 cup low-fat mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 1 teaspoon lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄8 teaspoon hot sauce
- 4 (4 ounce) boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 8 slices sourdough bread
- 4 leaves romaine lettuce
- 2 medium tomatoes, sliced
- 1 avocado, sliced in wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together the mayo, orange juice concentrate, lime juice, cumin, and hot sauce in a small bowl. Set aside.
- Season chicken breasts with salt and pepper. Cook in a nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray over a medium-high heat for 5 minutes on each side. Reduce heat to low. Cover, cook for 5 more minutes or until done. Remove from heat and cut diagonally across the grain into thin slices.
- Spread 1 tablespoon citrus mayonnaise on each of the four bread slices. Top with lettuce, chicken, tomatoes, avocado, and remaining bread slice.