Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
- 8 slices Italian bread
- honey mustard, to taste
- 1⁄2 lb swiss cheese, cut into medium slices (preferably Gruyere)
- 2 large firm but ripe california bartlett pears, cut into twelfths
- 3⁄4 lb thinly sliced ham (preferably Black Forest)
- 1 bunch spinach, de-stemmed, washed and dried
- Lightly toast bread slices.
- Spread a thin layer of honey mustard on all 8 pieces of the bread.
- Top 4 of the slices with the Swiss cheese.
- Place under broiler until the cheese is melted.
- Divide the pears, ham and spinach into fourths.
- Place the pear slices on the melted cheese, then the ham on the pears, and, finally, the spinach on the ham.
- Top with the 4 remaining pieces of bread.
- Slice each sandwich in half and serve immediately.
We enjoyed this tasty quick sandwich. The only thing we did different was to leave off the honey mustard. Thanks LondonKarma. Bullwinkle.
Go on...be a devil...try this combo with a GOOD blue cheese...divine. Thankyou for sharing this recipe.