Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Calabrian Cracked Olives Recipe courtesy Michael Chiarello
Make and share this Calabrian Cracked Olives recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs green Sicilian olives
- 1 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 cup sweet california chili powder
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1⁄8-1⁄4 fluid ounce sherry wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Place Sicilian green olives in a resealable plastic bag, hit with mallet
- or hammer to crack the olives. Add olive oil, chili powder, parsley, garlic and vinegar. Mix well
- and serve.
- I find it easier to crack olives wrapped in a kitchen towel vs the plastic bag method.
I made these olives for my family and they were an instant hit.