Recipe by Poker
This is very quick and easy to make! The yellow cake mix is what gives this apple crisp its special flavor! Try it & see for yourself.
Top Review by Clifford Boren
Great stuff! Instead of sugar, I used Equal and used three tbs. Also doubled the cinnamon. Used Black Twig apples from Julian, a mountain apple growing community above San Diego. Wow, is that good!
- 5 granny smith apples, peeled, cored & thinly sliced into rings
- 1 (9 ounce) package yellow cake mix
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cut apple slices crosswise in half.
- Place in 9-inch square pan; sprinkle with dry cake mix.
- In small bowl, combine sugar & cinnamon; sprinkle over cake mix.
- Drizzle with butter.
- Bake 30 minutes or until topping is golden brown.
- Serve warm with ice cream, if desired!