Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this recipe on http://www.soveryblessed.com/2012/02/cake-batter-puppy-chow.html I have yet to try it but cannot wait!
- 5 cups Chex cereal (I prefer the Rice Chex)
- 10 ounces vanilla flavored almond bark
- 1 1⁄2 cups yellow cake mix
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- Melt Almond Bark according to the package directions, adding vegetable shortening to thin if desired.
- Pour the cereal, cake mix, and powdered sugar into a paper bag or container with a lid.
- Drizzle melted Almond Bark over the cereal and fold down the top of the paper bag or put the lid on the container.
- Shake bag or container until the cereal is evenly coated.
Had to make a preschool snack for my daughters b-day and I didn't want to do the standard cupcakes/cake so I tried this and it came out fantastic! Only change I made was omitting the powdered sugar.. I'm not really sure why it even calls for that since the cake mix is already powdered. Also, 10 oz of almond bark = 5 squares, and if you want to add sprinkles or something to make it more festive add it to the melted chocolate and then it will stick to the chex better! Thanks!