Prep 1 hr
Cook 23 mins
- 1 1⁄2 lbs raw rock shrimp, peeled and deveined (if rock shrimp not available, use medium shrimp)
- 2 teaspoons creole seasoning
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped shallot
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped green bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups fresh white corn kernels (or frozen, thawed)
- 1⁄4 cup heavy cream
- Preheat oven to 375°; sprinkle the shrimp with the creole seasoning, tossing until shrimp are well coated.
- Place the shrimp in one layer in a 12-inch round oven-proof casserole or a deep pie plate.
- In a saute pan, melt the butter; add in shallots and peppers; toss the mixture in the pan, adding the cayenne and salt.
- Saute until the shallots become translucent, about 4 minutes.
- Add the corn to a food processor or blender, and pulse off and on until the corn is creamy.
- Add in the heavy cream and process again.
- Pour the corn into the saute pan with the shallot mixture; saute for another 3-4 minutes.
- Spread the corn over the shrimp; bake for 15 minutes, until the corn is bubbling and the shrimp are pink.