Recipe by English_Rose
There's no oil in this dry spice rub so it's a healthy choice when used with lean meat - lamb or pork leg steaks, chicken breast or rump or fillet steaks. It's pretty spicy, so use it sparingly and keep the rest for your next barbecue - it will last all summer. Time does not include marinating.
- 3 tablespoons cayenne pepper
- 3 1⁄2 tablespoons paprika
- 5 teaspoons ground cumin
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 tablespoon sea salt
- 4 lamb steaks
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Measure the first 6 ingredients into a jar, screw on the lid and shake everything together really well.
- Toss 4 lean lamb leg steaks in the lemon juice and set aside in a non-metallic dish for 3-4 minutes.
- Sprinkle each side of the steaks with 1 tsp of the spice mix, rub it into the meat and marinate for 2-4 hours.
- If you're pushed for time and can't leave it this long the spice mix will still work but will be a little fiercer.
- To cook, smear the meat with 2 tbsp olive oil and barbecue for 3-4 minutes on each side.