Recipe by Cookin'withGas
A peppy little recipe for potato skin lovers! But even if you don't like cayenne pepper, the recipe is lovely without it! For those that love it HOT, you can certainly adjust the amount of cayenne upwards, to YOUR taste! Makes a great side dish with meatloaf and a salad!
- 4 large russet potatoes, baked
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat cheddar cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄2 cup low-fat swiss cheese, finely shredded
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 4 slices reduced-sodium bacon or 4 slices turkey bacon, fried crisp and crumbled
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, sliced (scallions)
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream (Cabot Light preferred)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat your broiler unit.
- Cut the baked potatoes length-wise into quarters (4 pcs.); scoop out ¾ of the pulp and use the pulp for some other recipe.
- Place the quartered potatoes onto your broiler pan or onto a baking sheet (cookie sheet).
- Broil them 4 inches from the heat source for 8 minute until golden.
- Remove from the broiler and sprinkle the potatoes with the cheeses, cayenne (optional), paprika and bacon.
- Top with the green onions; return to the broiler for 3 min or until the cheese is bubbly.
- Serve with the sour cream on the side.