Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
from cooking light magazine in response to a request.
Make and share this cajun oven fried chicken recipe from Food.com.
- preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- combine buttermilk, cajun seasoning, and salt in a shallow dish.
- place the panko in another shallow dish.
- take your chicken pieces and dip them first in the butermilk mixture, then into the panko.
- do one piece at a time.
- line your baking sheet with parchment paper, and place the chicken pieces on it.
- lightly spray each chicken piece with the cooking spray.
- bake for 40 minutes at 400 degrees or until done, turning the chicken pieces after they have baked for 20 minutes.
I'm sorry to be the first to comment on this recipe, but I always give my opinion, good or bad. The chicken was very hard to get a crust on by just dipping it in the buttermilk combo. It needed something more like an egg to help the crumbs hold on. I love panko and feel that this was a good idea for the chicken. I have added panko to shake and bake for pork and wow what a difference. We used a nice cajun spice but it made the chicken too spicy-hot for me. I also would say that 40 minutes in the oven is WAY too long. =^..^=