Prep 5 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Mr. Food's Quick & Easy Diabetic Cooking
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 4 (4 ounce) halibut steaks
- Combine salt, black pepper, red pepper, paprika, and garlic powder, in a small bowl; mix well and rub evenly over both sides of the fish.
- Preheat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat and spray with cooking spray.
- Add the fish, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, or until fish is cooked through and flakes easily with a fork.
This is a great recipe; easy to make. I especially like the use of chili powder which makes it almost a comfort food. Will definitely make it again!
Easy and quick to make and the taste is very good. Thanks for sharing!
This was a great rub! Our halibut was excellent and paired nicely to our salad. thanks for sharing, will absolutley use again! Later note: we do find this spicy! so, we can either cut down on the pepper, or just put less on each portion. We had haddock fillets tonight and then put it in a wrap with avocado, lettuce, toms, pickles and a little tartar...YUM!!