Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
A lovely Cooking Light recipe.
- 14.79 ml dried oregano
- 22.18 ml garlic, minced
- 9.85 ml black pepper
- 4.92 ml seasoning salt
- 4.92 ml chili powder
- 4.92 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml crushed red pepper flakes
- 907.18 g boneless pork loin roast, trimmed
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- In a small bowl mix the oregano, garlic, black pepper, seasoned salt, chili powder, cumin and red pepper together; rub evenly over roast.
- Place on a broiler pan coated with cooking spray.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours or until a thermometer register 155-160ºF.
- Let stand 10 minute before slicing.
You're right , this is a lovely recipe, so tender and moist with a delightfully spicy hot coat. Delicious! There are just two of us so I just did one tenderloin a little over a pound. Served with steamed cabbage,carrot and red onion. I will be making this one again, thanks for posting!
A nice flavor change from traditional pork roasts. The coating sealed in a tender roast, which imparted a spicy after-taste. I'm not sure I'd use the pan drippings to make gravy again though--that too came out quite spicy--maybe just a little too much. It overwhelmed the poor mashed potatoes. An easy problem to correct.
Very good! My pork roast was 2.75 pounds so I cooked an extra 15 minutes. I doubled the red pepper flakes. Thanks for posting skinnyminnie.