Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
If you enjoy crispy fried chicken, I think you will enjoy these Cajun fried hens.
- 3 tablespoons cajun seasoning
- 1 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 4 (1 1/4 lb) Cornish hens
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄2 gallons peanut oil
- Combine the Cajun season and pepper; rub over the inside and outside of the hens. Tie the legs together. Place flour in a large, heavy duty, zip-top plastic bag. Add the hens one at a time; shake to coat.
- Pour oil to a depth of 4 inches into the deep pot of a propane cooker; heat to 350°F.
- Carefully lower the hens in the oil; fry for 18 to 20 minutes or until the meat thermometer inserted in the thickest part of the breast reads 180°F.
- Remove the hens from oil and drain on paper towels. Remove string before serving.