Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
There are a few ingredients in this one, but they are well worth the time and effort. This is from Chef Buster Ambrosia's collection of Louisiana recipes. Do not give up on this one until you try it.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground allspice
- 2 teaspoons rum flavoring
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 lemon, cut into 2 large wedges,trim skin and julienne (use skin only)
- 1⁄2 orange, cut into 2 large wedges,trim skin and julienne (use skin only)
- Place all ingredients into a saucepan.
- Bring to boil for 2 minutes.
- Reduce to simmer.
- When mixture thickens, add more water.
- This is usually good for an entire weekend; after that discard and start over.
Makes the house smell like Grandma has been baking Christmas goodies all day! Made for Fall 2012 PAC game.
You just can't beat the smell of Christmas in the house...no matter what time of year. Makes me want to sit down with a good book and a hot drink. Thanks for posting Andy! (-: Made for PAC, Spring 2009.