Recipe by musiclady12076
These were the peanut butter bars that our school cafeteria used to sell for 25 cents a bar. I am sure they had to make multiple pans a day, these were so good! Very easy to make and really tasty! No baking required. Prep time does not include refrigeration time.
Top Review by Grammiesangel
These were yummy! Wanted something easy and this did the trick! I'm a peanut butter fanatic and couldn't have been happier. Followed the recipe exactly. Brought them into work and they were gone in a flash! Thanks for sharing!
- 3 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar, sifted
- 1⁄2 cup brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup salted butter, melted
- 1 (18 ounce) jar creamy peanut butter
- 12 ounces chocolate chips
- 1⁄2 cup salted butter
Directions See How It's Made
- 1. Mix the sifted powdered sugar, brown sugar and melted butter together well. Fold in the creamy peanut butter until blended.
- 2. Spread the peanut butter mixture into a buttered pan; 9x13 for thicker bars, cookie sheet for thinner bars.
- 3. Melt the chocolate chips and 1/2 cup butter and pour over the peanut butter mixture. Spread around to make it even.
- 4. Refrigerate for 1 hour, until chocolate has solidified most of the way, and cut into bars with an unserrated knife.
- 5. Return to the refrigerator over night until set. (I return to the freezer for faster set time).