Prep 20 mins
Cook 10 mins
This is delicious--period.
Make and share this Caesar Chicken Salad in a Pita! recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 (4 -6 count) package pita bread (fresher the better)
- 1 head romaine lettuce
- 4 slices bacon (cooked)
- 3⁄4 cup parmesan cheese
- 14 fluid ounces creamy caesar salad dressing
- 1 tomatoes (optional)
- Have all other ingredients ready first off. Grate the Parmesan, tear up the romaine and have the bacon cooked.
- Now trim any fat off chicken.
- Salt and pepper the chicken.
- In a large pan cook the chicken in the olive oil on medium till no longer pink.
- Cut meat into strips or cubes (using a fork and knife).
- Take out one pita bread and lay on a flat surface, cut a little under a half circle right on the edge(or middle).
- Run your fingers through it to form a pocket.
- Gently add lettuce, tomatoes, Parmesan cheese to fill only a quarter of the circular pita.
- Evenly add about 2 tbs. or as desired Caesar salad dressing.
- Add desired amount of meat (about 1/2 cup).
- With all ingredients, it should only be filled half way.
- Fold open ends over to one side (now it's just half a pita).
- Then eat it!