I searched Zaar before posting and I don't see another recipe like mine. This is an old recipe and by the looks of the stains on my handwritten notes, it's a good one! My mom always asks me to make this for her. So simple and a little different than your regular cabbage pie. Hope you like it!
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 6 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon shortening
- 2 teaspoons cold water
- Preheat over 350°F.
- Cook and drain ground beef and onion.
- Add soup and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Spray 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add meat mixture, layer with cabbage and cheese.
- Unroll the crescent rolls then pinch all perforations to seal. (or use the crust listed above by mixing all ingredients to form dough. Roll out.
- Top with pie crust and bake 60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.
Very tasty and easily made. I was a little confused over the inclusion of dinner rolls AND pie crust until I figured out that you only need one or the other. Didn't have cream of celery so subbed cream of mushroom and added a little velveeta to augment the cheddar.
great for a party everyone loved it, easy
Okay, I admit it. When Tom picked this for the ZWT3 I kind of "ewww", but this was EXCELLENT! The only *maybe* change we would make is to season the meat a little during cooking, but this was SO SO good! Thank you for sharing!