Recipe by Vseward (Chef~V)
I searched Zaar before posting and I don't see another recipe like mine. This is an old recipe and by the looks of the stains on my handwritten notes, it's a good one! My mom always asks me to make this for her. So simple and a little different than your regular cabbage pie. Hope you like it!
Top Review by mrsoul51
I cut the beef and cabbage qualities in half but still used most of the can of soup. Layered in a pie plate cabbage -> beef mixture -> sharp cheddar -> cabbage -> beef mixture -> sharp cheddar. Topped with pie crust, poking some decorative vent holes. You could reduce bake time by parboiling the cabbage just a few minutes, but that might risk turning it into mush.
- 1 (8 ounce) package refrigerated crescent dinner rolls
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground beef
- 1 (8 ounce) can cream of celery soup
- 6 cups cabbage, chopped
- 1 cup white onion, finely chopped
- 1 (8 ounce) packageshredded cheddar cheese
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon shortening
- 2 teaspoons cold water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat over 350°F.
- Cook and drain ground beef and onion.
- Add soup and simmer for about 3 minutes.
- Spray 9x13 inch casserole dish with nonstick cooking spray.
- Add meat mixture, layer with cabbage and cheese.
- Unroll the crescent rolls then pinch all perforations to seal. (or use the crust listed above by mixing all ingredients to form dough. Roll out.
- Top with pie crust and bake 60 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before serving.