Prep 10 mins
Cook 25 mins
I had some leftovers that I needed to do something with or throw them away. So this is what I came up with.If you try this I hope you enjoy it. Please feel free to use the veggies that you and your family like the most. Please feel free to add more salt, pepper, and garlic powder to your own taste. Submitted to "ZAAR" on March 29th, 2008.
- 59.14-78.07 ml vegetable oil
- 354.88 ml leftover cheddar bratwursts, diced into medium pieces
- 78.07 ml finely chopped white onion
- 946.36 ml diced frozen southern style hash brown potatoes, slightly thawed
- 2.46 ml salt
- 2.46 ml ground black pepper
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 295.73 ml leftover mixed vegetables
- 236.59 ml shredded sharp cheddar cheese (optional)
- In a large skillet over medium heat add oil.
- When hot but not smoking add potatoes, onions, and diced meat.
- Sprinkle meat/potato/onion mixture with salt, pepper, and garlic powder.
- Cook until potatoes and meat are lightly browned and onion is tender.
- Add veggies and gently mix into potatoes.
- Stir lightly until veggies are heated through.
- Sprinkle with cheese if desired.
I love this recipe! I actually had never cooked bratwurst. I had some that I needed to do something with so I grilled them and chopped them up to use in this recipe. It is delicious! I used fresh potatoes sliced very thin instead of the hash brown potatoes.