Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A treasure originally found in an old copy of Taste of Home magazine many years ago that I adapted and have relied on many times over the years. Easy, yet elegant and delicious. A favorite dish I have turned to time and time again for guests. Not exactly a diet dish, I know, but worth it once in a while.
- In a shallow dish, whisk together melted butter, mustard, Worcestershire sauce, and salt.
- In another shallow dish, mix together Parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs.
- Dip each piece of chicken into first the butter mixture, then into the crumbly mixture to coat both sides.
- Set into an ungreased 9x13" glass baking pan.
- If there is any butter mixture left, drizzle it over the chicken.
- Bake, uncovered, in a preheated 350 F oven for 40-45 minutes or until the chicken is cooked all the way through and the juices run clear.
I loved this dish. My family loved it. My company loved it. I tossed out my old parmesan chicken recipe and replaced it with this. It is ever so much better.
What a taste sensation! I have made simialr recipes but I think the Worcestershire sauce and the Dijon mustard just give this dish the extra 'lift'. Delicious.
Definitely something I will make again! I would leave out the salt, since I used salted butter and Parmesan cheese is so strongly flavored.