Prep 20 mins
Cook 37 mins
From the back of a package of Hershey's Butterscotch Chips; I think I'll try it for tomorrow's Labor Day party:)
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 cup flour
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄2 cup white chocolate chips
- 1 1⁄3 cups shredded coconut
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350*F.
- Cream the butter and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Add the flour; mix well.
- Pat the mixture onto the bottom of an ungreased 9" square baking pan; bake 12-15 minutes, or until lightly browned.
- Combine the condensed milk, butterscotch chips, white chocolate chips, coconut, and vanilla; spread over the baked crust.
- Bake another 25-30 minutes, or until golden around the edges.
- (The center will not appear set.) Cool completely in pan on a wire rack before cutting into bars.
Way too much butter in the shortbread base. Flour and sugar just boiled in the butter and did not cook. The top is good, but the bottom is mushy butter. Next time, I'll make a toll house cookie base for this.