Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
A friend in Spokane always made these for school treats and church potlucks. They remind me of leaves raked into big piles. The only thing that's missing is the earthy fragrance of A-U-T-U-M-N. Hmmm....guess the butterscotch and peannut butter will have to suffice! Cooking time: chilling in the fridge.
- Cut waxed paper to fit two cookie sheets; set aside.
- Mix flakes and coconut; set aside.
- In a small bowl, melt peanut butter & butterscotch chips in the microwave; stir to mix well, then pour over the flakes & coconut, CAREFUL to NOT break up the flakes.
- Use a knife and table spoon to drop onto cookie sheets--just look at those cute little leaf piles!
- Neaten them up--but they don't spread out at all, so put them close together on the pan.
- Pop into the fridge to chill; peel off waxed paper and store in fridge--especially on those autumn days that get so warm!
- Serve with fresh apple cider from the orchard!
- PERFECT for leaf-raking motivation for the kids! Also makes a great reward after the difficult decision of picking out the perfect pumpkin at the Pumpkin Patch!