Makes a wonderful frosting for cupcakes or a simple cake. Very easy to prepare. From Fine Cooking, originally suggested for caramel cupcakes. This recipe is enough to frost 12 cupcakes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over med-low heat.
- 2Add brown sugar and stir constantly with wooden spoon.
- 3After 2-3mins, sugar will melt and mixture will become smooth, then begin to bubble (it's ok if it looks separated at this point).
- 4Once this happens, stir constantly for 2mins (less if sugar smells like it's burning).
- 5Carefully add cream and stir for another 2mins.
- 6Mixture will thicken slightly and look smooth and glossy.
- 7Remove pan from heat and let cool for 5mins, stirring frequently.
- 8Beat in confectioners' sugar and vanilla with wooden spoon.
- 9If frosting seems a bit dry, add more cream, 1/2 tablespoon at a time, until thick, smooth and spreadable.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butterscotch Frosting
Serving Size: 1 (31 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 132.8
- Calories from Fat 51
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 3.5 g
- Cholesterol 16.9 mg
- Sodium 4.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 20.5 g
- Protein 0.1 g