Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a TOH recipe that I changed a bit and have made many times. Its got peanut butter, butterscotch chips and chocolate held together with rice Krispies, what else do you need?
- 1 (11 ounce) package butterscotch chips
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 8 cups crisp rice cereal
- 2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1⁄4 cup butter
- 4 tablespoons water
- 1 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- In a large bowl, melt the butterscotch chips and peanut butter in the microwave, stir until smooth. Stir in the cereal until it is well coated. Put half of the mixture into a greased 9x13 pan.
- In another large bowl microwave the cholate chips and butter. When its melted stir in 2 T of the water. Add the powdered sugar slowly while blending. Add more water as needed to keep the mixture spreadable. Spread this over the cereal mixture.
- Refrigerate this for about 10 minutes or so until its hard enough to put the rest of the cereal on top.
- Spread the remaining cereal on top, sometimes I will have to microwave it for a few seconds to get it loose enough to spread again.
- Refrigerate for a while until they are firm enough to cut. Sometimes I skip this step and just eat them a little gooey. :-).
- You can cut into squares, wrap tightly then freeze. They keep well for a least a few weeks, mine have never lasted any longer.