Cook1 hr 5 mins
DH and I made this as a side last night to our veal chops and both of us LOVED this dish!! The recipe comes from the October issue of "Philadelphia" magazine and is credited to a local restaurant named Fork. Note that we used red skin potatoes as that is what we had on hand and we thought it turned out great (though that many small potatoes were a pain to remove the skin from). We also used two foil-lined baking sheets: one for potatoes, one for squash since they had different cooking times. Enjoy!
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Toss squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Spread on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- Transfer to oven along with whole potatoes and roast until tender, 30-40 minutes for squash; 45 minutes to 1 hour for potatoes.
- Stir squash cubes occasionally to avoid browning on sides.
- When fork-tender, split potatoes down middle and scoop out insides. Discard skins.
- Combine potatoes with squash in a bowl.
- Meanwhile melt butter with cream in a small saucepan. Pour mixture over vegetables.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and mash with a hand masher.