1/4 Photos of Butternut Squash Mashed Potatoes
1 hr 20 mins
1 hr 5 mins
Dr. Jenny's Note:
DH and I made this as a side last night to our veal chops and both of us LOVED this dish!! The recipe comes from the October issue of "Philadelphia" magazine and is credited to a local restaurant named Fork. Note that we used red skin potatoes as that is what we had on hand and we thought it turned out great (though that many small potatoes were a pain to remove the skin from). We also used two foil-lined baking sheets: one for potatoes, one for squash since they had different cooking times. Enjoy!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- 2Toss squash with olive oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- 3Spread on a baking sheet lined with aluminum foil.
- 4Transfer to oven along with whole potatoes and roast until tender, 30-40 minutes for squash; 45 minutes to 1 hour for potatoes.
- 5Stir squash cubes occasionally to avoid browning on sides.
- 6When fork-tender, split potatoes down middle and scoop out insides. Discard skins.
- 7Combine potatoes with squash in a bowl.
- 8Meanwhile melt butter with cream in a small saucepan. Pour mixture over vegetables.
- 9Add salt and pepper to taste and mash with a hand masher.
Browse Our Top Low Protein Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Low Protein Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Butternut Squash Mashed Potatoes
Serving Size: 1 (340 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 541.2
- Calories from Fat 267
- Total Fat 29.7 g
- Saturated Fat 15.1 g
- Cholesterol 71.2 mg
- Sodium 1879.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 67.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 6.8 g
- Protein 7.5 g