Recipe by Sarah R.
From Tyler Florence on the Food Network. Supposed to be made with turkey sloppy joes, bread and butter pickles, and butternut squash chips.
- 4 ounces fresh creamy goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, honey, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir well with a whisk until fully combined and creamy.
- Remove the top narrow portion of the butternut squash and peel. Discard or use the bulb portion for something else. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut the peeled cylinder into fine long matchsticks (julienne). This should yield about 4 cups. Fold into the cheese dressing along with dried cranberries, walnuts and chopped fresh parsley.