Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Tyler Florence on the Food Network. Supposed to be made with turkey sloppy joes, bread and butter pickles, and butternut squash chips.
- 4 ounces fresh creamy goat cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 lemon, juiced
- kosher salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 1 medium butternut squash
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup toasted walnuts
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley leaves
- In a large mixing bowl, combine goat cheese, honey, olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice and season with salt and plenty of freshly ground black pepper. Stir well with a whisk until fully combined and creamy.
- Remove the top narrow portion of the butternut squash and peel. Discard or use the bulb portion for something else. Using a mandoline or sharp knife, cut the peeled cylinder into fine long matchsticks (julienne). This should yield about 4 cups. Fold into the cheese dressing along with dried cranberries, walnuts and chopped fresh parsley.
Very good salad dressing, tangy and sweet. Didn't make the salad, just the dressing and used it on a regular green salad with raw veggies.