Recipe by Vyki
This is how I normally cook butternut squash, it's a less sweet way of the usual way of roasting it with sugar (which i find too sickly).
- 1 butternut squash
- 100 g goat cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat the oven to 180'C (355'F).
- Cut the butternut squash in half lenthways and remove the seeds.
- Place squash cut side down on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes (if you like a softer squash 30 minutes).
- Turn over and fill the "seed well" with the goats cheese (i don't normally weigh the cheese so use as much or as little as you like). Sprinkle with chilli powder if using, or season with salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.