Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
This is how I normally cook butternut squash, it's a less sweet way of the usual way of roasting it with sugar (which i find too sickly).
- 1 butternut squash
- 100 g goat cheese
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 180'C (355'F).
- Cut the butternut squash in half lenthways and remove the seeds.
- Place squash cut side down on a baking tray and cook for 20 minutes (if you like a softer squash 30 minutes).
- Turn over and fill the "seed well" with the goats cheese (i don't normally weigh the cheese so use as much or as little as you like). Sprinkle with chilli powder if using, or season with salt and pepper.
- Return to the oven for another 20 minutes.
We made this for Thanksgiving. It is very good, although I will leave it in the over longer next time because it did not get cooked through. Thank you for the recipe.
Such an easy and very yummy recipe - thanks Vyki - I will make these often. The only thing I did different was I mixed the chilli powder with a little olive oil and brushed the cut side with it then baked them that way up.