Recipe by TICKLE FAIRY
My husband loves these rolls. It's so easy to make the dough in the bread machine and bake them in the oven. I read many different recipes and came up with this one.
- 2 cups lukewarm buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup lukewarm water
- 6 tablespoons butter or 6 tablespoons margarine, softened
- 4 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 tablespoons potato flakes
- 6 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 4 1⁄2 teaspoons active dry yeast or 4 1⁄2 teaspoons bread machine yeast
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients into bread machine. Program for dough and press. start. At the end of the cycle, punch down the dough and turn out onto a lightly floured board. Divide dough and allow to rest for 10 to 15 minutes.
- For cloverleaf rolls, divide dough into equal pieces and roll each piece into a ball. Arrange 3 balls of dough in each cup of a greased muffin pan. For large rolls, divide dough into equal pieces and roll each into a small ball. Arrange balls of dough snugly on a greased baking sheet. Brush rolls with a bit of melted butter, then cover loosely and set aside in a warm spot until doubled in size, about 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 375°F Brush rolls with butter and bake until deep golden brown and cooked through, 20 to 25 minutes. Serve hot, spread with butter, if desired.