1/10 Photos of Buttermilk Doughnuts Donuts
1 hr 30 mins
Marg (CaymanDesigns)'s Note:
I got this recipe when I was a teenager and have been making it ever since. Anytime my nephews and nieces spend the night, they request these. They take some time but they sure are worth it!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Dissolve yeast in warm water in a large bowl; let stand 5 minutes.
- 2Add buttermilk, shortening, sugar and 1 1/2 cup flour, baking powder and salt; mix well.
- 3Add enough remaining flour to make a soft dough.
- 4Turn dough onto a floured surface and knead several times.
- 5Roll dough to 1/2 inch thick and cut with a 2 1/2 inch doughnut cutter.
- 6Place doughnuts on lightly floured surface, cover and let rise 45 minutes or until double in bulk.
- 7Heat 2-3 inches of oil to 375°F.
- 8(I use my Fry Daddy) Drop in 4 or 5 doughnuts at a time.
- 9Cook about 2 minutes or until lightly golden in color, turning once.
- 10Drain well on paper towels.
- 11Combine 2 1/2 cups powdered sugar with 1/4 cup milk, stir until smooth.
- 12Dip each doughnut in glaze while still warm; allow excess glaze to drip off.
- 13Cool on wire rack or serve warm.
Browse Our Top Breads Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Doughnuts Donuts
Serving Size: 1 (1021 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 208.8
- Calories from Fat 29
- Total Fat 3.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.9 mg
- Sodium 256.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 24.1 g
- Protein 3.0 g