Prep 30 mins
Cook 25 mins
This is my sister's contribution to our Thanksgiving celebration every year. We love these muffins.
- 236.59 ml cranberries, coarsely chopped
- 177.44 ml sugar, divided
- 709.77 ml all-purpose flour
- 17.25 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml baking soda
- 2.46 ml salt
- 118.29 ml butter
- 1 egg
- 354.88 ml buttermilk, room temperature
- 29.58 ml frozen orange juice concentrate, thawed
- 236.59 ml cranberries
- 236.59 ml powdered sugar
- 118.29 ml butter or 118.29 ml margarine
- 14.79 ml lemon juice
- Combine cranberries and 1/4 cup sugar; set aside.
- Mix together flour, remaining sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt.
- Using pastry blender, cut butter into dry ingredients until mixture resembles coarse meal.
- Lightly beat together egg, buttermilk and orange juice.
- Add the liquid and sweetened cranberries to dry ingredients, stirring until just moistened; be careful to not over mix.
- Spoon batter into greased muffin cups, filling two-thirds full.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes.
- To make cranberry butter, puree cranberries in blender.
- Add sugar, butter, and lemon juice; process until smooth.
- Refrigerate until ready to use.
I took these out of the oven just a few minutes ago. Already, my sleepy heads are rousing out of bed to see what the delicious smell is all about. They have a wonderful light texture. I made the cranberry butter last night. Makes a wonderful sweet and a little tangy spread. Thanks for posting this one.
Oh WOW! I made these for Thanksgiving breakfast and I'll tell you what, they were so delicious. Soft, tender muffins with the slight tartness of cranberries. Spread with the sweet cranberry butter. A perfect start to our day of thanks.
super yummy! definitely a 5 star recipe. however, i did have a slight problem pureeing the cranberries in my blender - ended up having to use my manual food chopper.