1/1 Photo of Buttermilk Chicken
1 hr 10 mins
Vicki G.'s Note:
This is one of the easiest, most flavorful chicken recipes. The chicken is extremely tender... but it's the gravy that makes this dish remarkable.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- 2Melt margarine in a 9x13 inch casserole dish or baking pan.
- 3Mix flour, salt, pepper.
- 4Dip chicken in 1/2 cup of Buttermilk.
- 5Dredge chicken in flour mixture.
- 6Place chicken in melted margarine.
- 7Bake for 30 minutes, uncovered.
- 8Turn chicken and bake for 15 minutes.
- 9Mix soup and remaining cup of Buttermilk.
- 10Pour Soup/Buttermilk mixture over chicken.
- 11Bake another 15 minutes, until bubbly.
- 12Take care, if 425 degrees F seems to be too hot, turn oven down a bit to prevent margarine from burning.
Browse Our Top Chicken Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chicken Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttermilk Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (239 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 515.4
- Calories from Fat 222
- Total Fat 24.6 g
- Saturated Fat 6.6 g
- Cholesterol 96.4 mg
- Sodium 1077.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 5.5 g
- Protein 37.8 g