Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a nice mix that doesn't make too much to use in a short time.
- 1⁄3 cup coffee, finely ground
- 1⁄4 teaspoon freshly ground nutmeg
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons rum extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon butter flavor extract
- Place coffee and nutmeg in a blender or food processor fitted with a steel blade.
- With processor running, add flavorings.
- Stop processor and scrape sides of container with a spatula.
- Process 10 seconds longer.
- Store in refrigerator.
- Yields: Mix for eight 6-ounce servings.
- To Use:.
- Place minimum of 1 tsp in a 1 cup measuring cup and add boiling water. Stir and strain into a 6 oz cup.
I am now going to have a lot of requested to do this at all my holiday gatherings I know, it is delicious beyond belief! But this is a favorite of mine at Christmas now!! TO MAKE MIX: Place coffee and nutmeg in processor. With motor running, add combined remaining ingredients. Stop motor; scrape sides. Process an additional 10 seconds. Store in refrigerator. Makes enough mix for 8 (6 ounce) servings. TO MAKE COFFEE: In an automatic drip coffeemaker, place mix in paper filter and add 6 cups water. Definitely keeping this on hand for the holidays! Now I can do my happy food dance!! Happy Cooking to you and y'all! Thank You! PRMR 2013.....Grpa
yummy! gave me a reason to go buy some more extracts!! ;) i like mine a little stronger so i think next time adding 2 tsp per cup and a little creamer! Amaretto is VERY good in this! thanks for this simple and good recipe!
I loved this Anna, this was wonderful. Very easy to make. Thanks to a wonderful friend, I now have butter extract...and was able to use in this tasty coffee. I love the flavor it brings to the coffee. I garnished with whipped cream and a sprinkling of nutmeg. Thanks for sharing gf. :)