1/19 Photos of Buttercream Dream (By Agentcakebaker)
I got this recipe from a cake site and can't stop making it. It is the best buttercream recipe that I have found. I modified my recipe to include Almond Extract, but you can use just about any extract. I've done clear vanilla and raspberry with rave reviews. I use this recipe for all my cakes and cupcakes. It colors nicely. If you want a stiffer buttercream for roses and such, omit or add very little milk. If you want a thinner buttercream, add more than 6 tbs of milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Bring butter to room temperature.
- 2In a mixing bowl, whip butter and crisco together.
- 3Add the extract and whip.
- 4Slowly add the powdered sugar and mix well.
- 5Add one tbs milk at a time until you get your desired stiffness.
- 6Whip for 5-10 minutes until fluffy.
Browse Our Top Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Cake Fillings and Frostings Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Buttercream Dream (By Agentcakebaker)
Serving Size: 1 (1429 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 1763.4
- Calories from Fat 881
- Total Fat 97.9 g
- Saturated Fat 42.4 g
- Cholesterol 124.6 mg
- Sodium 219.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 227.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.0 g
- Sugars 222.2 g
- Protein 1.1 g