Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
If you have a love for butterschotch then you better limit yourself to only a few of these cupcakes.
- 1 (18 ounce) reduced-sugar yellow cake mix
- 1 (3 ounce) fat free sugar-free instant butterscotch pudding mix
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup skim milk
- 1⁄2 cup non-fat vanilla yogurt
- 1⁄4 cup butterscotch chips
- 1⁄4 cup toffee pieces
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts, chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine cake mix, pudding mix, eggs, milk, and yogart. Mix with a electic mixer, slow at first, and then beat for 2 minutes or until combined. Add butterscotch chips, toffee chips, and walnuts, and stir.
- Fill 2/3 full in muffin tin that is lined with paper cups, or spray with non-stick spray. Bake until tootch pick comes out clean (about 30 minutes). Remove from oven and let cool completely on wire rack.
- For the frosting combine butter, brown sugar, and milk in a microwave safe bowl. Put in microwave for 1 minute. If butter is melted completely add the powdered sugar. If the butter is not, put back in microwave for another 30 seconds. Spread a tablespoon of the frosting over each cooled cupcake. Additional toffee or butterscotch chips can go ontop of frosting if desired.