Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Perfect for any cake.
- 1⁄3 cup butter, soft
- 1 (1 lb) box powdered sugar, sifted
- 5 -6 tablespoons light cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 unsweetened chocolate squares, melted (optional)
- Cream butter.
- Gradually add sugar and light cream, alternately.
- Add vanilla and salt.
- Add melted chocolate for chocolate frosting.
- Refrigerate for a bit before spreading.
Loved this decadent creamy vanilla icing. It was awesome, sweet with excellent flavor, a nice blending of vanilla, butter and salt. The cream just added to the frosting making it extra rich and creamy. Thank you so much for sharing with all of us Aries_87. I used it to frost (My Grandmother's apple Cake - My Grandmother's Apple Cake). It complimented the cake perfectly. Into my keeper box this goes, I can't wait to make the chocolate frosting version. Made for Pac 2011.