Recipe by *Parsley*
Another one of my Xmas cookie recipes. Prep time does not include time for dough to chill.
- 2 cups butter, softened (NO substitutions)
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons almond extract
- 5 cups flour
- 2 1⁄2 cups powdered sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons cream of tartar
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large mixing bowl, beat together butter, eggs and almond extract.
- In a seperate large bowl, combine flour, powdered sugar, baking soda and cream of tartar. Gradually beat in these dry ingredients to the wet mixture.
- Chill dough for at least 2 hours for better handling.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll out dopugh to about 1/8"-1/4" thickness. Cut into desired shapes w/ cookie cutters. Reroll scraps and cut again.
- Place on ungreased cookie sheets and bake at 375 for 6-10 minutes; (depending on size and thckness of your cookies) or until just lightly brown at edges.