Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is a great cake for dessert or birthday parties. This is my diabetic daughter's birthday cake--I make it into all kinds of shapes and things for her. Also great as cup cakes, makes about 12
- 125 g softened low-fat butter
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence or 1 teaspoon orange essence or 1 teaspoon lemon essence
- 2 tablespoons smart sugar
- 2 eggs
- 225 g self raising flour
- 125 ml skim milk
- Preheat Oven to Moderate.
- Grease & line pan(s).
- Beat butter, vanilla & sugar in small bowl until light and fluffy; beat in eggs one at a time.
- Stir in flour & milk (in 2 batches).
- Spread into tin, and cook for approx 15 - 25 min (until skewer comes away clean).
- Let stand for 5 minutes, then turn onto wire rack.
- Serves 6-8.
- Cut in half and spread middle with beaten low fat cream, and halved strawberries. Cover top of cake with cream and add strawberries and sprinkles.