Recipe by Nov30mom
This great recipe is from the Lubbock Christian U. Associates 1975 cookbook. (It was submitted by Joan Rigney.)
Top Review by Paisano42
I am trying this recipe for the first time. I am not very good in the kitchen but this recipe looked pretty easy. I am trying to surprise my girlfriend and make her dinner with this chicken and gravy and mashed potatoes and buttered Brussel Sprouts.... I got the chicken but I got split chicken breast with the bones and skin still on.... Does this change the recipe or cooking time at all?? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
- 6 -8 chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Dip chicken in milk, then roll in seasoned flour.
- Melt butter in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in butter.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Mix water, remaining milk and soup together.
- Turn chicken and pour soup mixture over it.
- Bake 30 minutes more.
- Remove chicken and stir gravy.