Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
This great recipe is from the Lubbock Christian U. Associates 1975 cookbook. (It was submitted by Joan Rigney.)
- 6 -8 chicken breasts
- 1 (12 ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1 cup flour
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄4 cup butter or 1⁄4 cup margarine
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1⁄4 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Dip chicken in milk, then roll in seasoned flour.
- Melt butter in 9 x 13 baking dish.
- Place chicken, skin side down, in butter.
- Cook 30 minutes.
- Mix water, remaining milk and soup together.
- Turn chicken and pour soup mixture over it.
- Bake 30 minutes more.
- Remove chicken and stir gravy.
I am trying this recipe for the first time. I am not very good in the kitchen but this recipe looked pretty easy. I am trying to surprise my girlfriend and make her dinner with this chicken and gravy and mashed potatoes and buttered Brussel Sprouts.... I got the chicken but I got split chicken breast with the bones and skin still on.... Does this change the recipe or cooking time at all?? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
This recipe is very good. I made a little more low fat and low in carbs ,but still a killer easy meal. I brown chicken in Pam cooking spray on top of the stove. Then used cream of chicken soup and 1/4 can of water and place 4 teaspoon squares of butter on top of chicken. Then baked. Still very good.
My Mom and I loved the Cracker Barrel Butter Baked Chicken, so I have been on a hunt for the recipe for a while. I tried this one, and my husband loves it! He requests it nearly every week! This is definitely a keeper :)