Baked fish with a nice breaded coating. I used this recipe for whiting fillets and served with browned butter for dipping. This recipe is courtesy of Southern Living "Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites" cookbook.
- 1⁄4 cup white cornmeal (I used yellow) or 1⁄4 cup yellow cornmeal (I used yellow)
- 1⁄4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fish fillet (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 1⁄3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- lemon wedges (optional) or tartar sauce (optional) or browned butter (optional)
- Preheat oven to 450°F.
- Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- Dip fish fillets into the milk and coat with breading mixture.
- Place fish in a lightly greased 13x9 dish or cookie sheet; drizzle with butter.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Serve with lemon, tartar or browned butter.