1/2 Photos of Busy Night Baked Fish Fillets
Baked fish with a nice breaded coating. I used this recipe for whiting fillets and served with browned butter for dipping. This recipe is courtesy of Southern Living "Our Best Easy Weeknight Favorites" cookbook.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/4 cup white cornmeal (I used yellow) or 1/4 cup yellow cornmeal (I used yellow)
- 1/4 cup fine dry breadcrumb
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 1/2 teaspoon dried dill
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 lb fish fillet (fresh or frozen thawed)
- 1/3 cup milk
- 3 tablespoons butter or 3 tablespoons margarine, melted
- lemon wedges (optional) or tartar sauce (optional) or browned butter (optional)
- 1Preheat oven to 450°F.
- 2Combine first 6 ingredients in a shallow dish.
- 3Dip fish fillets into the milk and coat with breading mixture.
- 4Place fish in a lightly greased 13x9 dish or cookie sheet; drizzle with butter.
- 5Bake for 10-15 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- 6Serve with lemon, tartar or browned butter.
Browse Our Top Whitefish Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Busy Night Baked Fish Fillets
Serving Size: 1 (159 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 263.9
- Calories from Fat 99
- Total Fat 11.0 g
- Saturated Fat 6.2 g
- Cholesterol 88.0 mg
- Sodium 517.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 11.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.0 g
- Sugars 0.5 g
- Protein 28.2 g