A Mike Kingston recipe direct from Lake Eden, Minnesota. On a side note if you can't find horseradish sauce where you live, mix 1 Tablespoon of horseradish with 3 Tablespoons of mayonnaise, and it should work just fine.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 ounces braunschweiger sausage (8 ounce package of liver sausage, I use Farmer John's)
- 1/4 cup horseradish sauce (4 tablespoons, I use Heinz)
- 1Cup the braunschweiger into chunks and place it in the bottom of a microwave-safe bowl. Heat it on HIGH for 45 seconds. Stir it around a bit, and if it's still cold, heat it on HIGH for another 10 to 15 seconds, or until it's soft enough to be mashed with a fork.
- 2Mash up the braunschweiger and add the horseradish sauce. Mix until it's blended.
- 3Transfer the warm pate to a bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and refrigerate it for at least 3 hours before serving.
- 4A half hour before you're ready to serve, take the pate out of the refrigerator and let it warm to spreading consistency.
- 5Serve with a basket of assorted fancy crackers.
Browse Our Top Spreads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Busy Day Pate
Serving Size: 1 (288 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 772.3
- Calories from Fat 586
- Total Fat 65.1 g
- Saturated Fat 21.2 g
- Cholesterol 408.9 mg
- Sodium 2827.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.0 g
- Sugars 4.8 g
- Protein 33.6 g