Recipe by Chicagoland Chef du Jour
Fire up the grill! My neighbor treated us to these burgers a couple summers back and from that day forward, this is the only way we make 'em. Even my picky kids love them this way. 10/2011 Since this recipe has yet to be reviewed, I decided to tweak it and dang, much better! Prep time is assembly and resting time before grilling.
Top Review by Boomette
We made the burgers, and freezed them raw. Then we cook them on the barbecue. They hold their shape. The taste was great. I used italian dry breadcrumbs. I used the onion flakes, but maybe it would have been better with fresh onion. Thanks Chicagoland :) Made for Bargain Basement tag game
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1⁄4 cup dry breadcrumbs
- 2 teaspoons dried onion flakes, sub. 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- pepper, several grinds
- 3 dashes Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients together thoroughly with your hands.
- Divide into 4 equal portions. Shape into burgers. *I like to use a burger press
- Grill to your liking.
- NOTE: Best if assembled a minimum of 60 minutes ahead of time so that flavors have a chance to blend.
- Serve with your favorite condiments and toast your buns!