Recipe by Tish
This is an interesting side dish that might be good with a Greek dinner. Bulgar is inexpensive and filling!
- 1 cup Bulgar wheat, Coarse Grain
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup orzo pasta
- 3 green onions, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, Chopped
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1⁄4 cup whipping cream
- 2 tablespoons pesto sauce
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- salt, to taste
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine the bulgur and the chicken stock in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and simmer, covered, for 15 minutes until the bulgur has absorbed the stock. Set aside.
- In another small saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add the orzo and cook until just tender. Drain well and set aside to cool.
- Combine the cooked bulgur, drained orzo and the remaining ingredients in a mixing bowl. Pack the mixture into well-greased timbale molds and place in a baking pan. Fill the pan with hot water so it comes one-third of the way up the sides of the molds.
- Bake, uncovered, in a 375 degree oven for 45 minutes. Remove the baking pan from the oven and remove the molds from the pan.
- Invert the timbales onto plates. If you have trouble getting the timbales out, run the blade of a table knife around the insides of the molds.