Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
This would be fun to make for a summer time children's party.
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 cup sweetened flaked coconut, lightly toasted
- 3⁄4 cup Rice Krispies
- 1⁄2 cup crunchy peanut butter or 1⁄2 cup creamy peanut butter
- 1 cup chocolate sprinkles
- 1⁄2 cup sugar-coated tiny stick black licorice
- 1⁄2 ounce string black licorice, about 4-1/2 feet, cut into 1 1/2 inch pieces
- Melt chocolate with butter in a heatproof bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water, stirring until smooth, about 5 minutes.
- Remove bowl from pan and let cool 10 minutes.
- Gently stir chocolate mixture, coconut, Rice Krispies, and peanut butter in a large bowl until combined well.
- Chill, covered, until slightly firm, about 15 minutes.
- Place chocolate sprinkles in a shallow bowl.
- Using a 1-1/2-inch ice-cream scoop, form chocolate mixture into balls and drop into sprinkles; coat well, working with 6 or 7 at a time (chill mixture to firm, if necessary).
- Arrange coated bites in a single layer on a cookie sheet lined with plastic wrap and chill until firm, about 15 minutes.
- Arrange on a serving platter.
- Decorate Bug Bites with sugar-coated licorice sticks to form legs and string licorice to form antennae.