Recipe by Sarah Kay
These are the BEST hot wings. I particularly like using Frank's Louisiana Hot Sauce. Adding a tablespoon of ranch dressing to the butter sauce makes spicy ranch wings. DO NOT try making these in the oven. The wings come out soggy and the skin is rubbery.
Top Review by sheri77
OMG i am sooo happy i decided on this wing recipe... it is an EXACT replica of my favorite wings from the lounge that serves...my favorite hot wings...lol. Thank you so much for sharing!! I am forever grateful!!
- 24 chicken wings or 24 chicken drummettes
- 4 cups oil (peanut, corn, or other)
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 -5 tablespoons hot sauce
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- blue cheese, dip or ranch dip
- celery rib
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil to 350 degrees; a deep-fat fryer is best for cooking wings.
- Discard small tip of each wing, split at large joint.
- Drummettes are ready to cook as is.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper.
- Add chicken to hot oil so that each piece is fully immersed in the oil.
- Cook for 15 to 20 minutes or until chicken is crisp.
- Remove from oil, drain, and pat dry.
- Prepare hot wing sauce by melting butter in a saucepan.
- Add hot sauce and vinegar.
- Stir well.
- Put chicken pieces in a container and pour sauce over them.
- Cover container and shake to coat each piece.
- Serve with celery sticks and dip.